So, if you’ve ever wondered what’s on our riders’ menu, take a look at the next recipe in our CCC Team Cookbook series, it’s a simple, quick and delicious snack post-ride or even pre-dinner.
Homemade Guacamole with Healthy Naan Bread
by CCC Team chef, Mirko Sut
7 grams of dried yeast
400 grams of white bread flour, plus extra for dusting
½ tsp of baking powder
125 grams of natural Greek yogurt (5% fat)
40 grams of soya milk or water
5 grams of salt
6 ripe avocados
90 grams of extra Virgin oil
One chilli (spicy)
• Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl – yeast, bread flour baking soda and salt
• Add the wet ingredients – greek yoghurt and soya milk – and at first, mix everything together using a fork
• Next, use your hands to knead the mixture into a smooth and homogeneous dough. Add extra flour if needed.
• Place the dough back into your bowl, making sure there is enough space for it to grow
• Cover the bowl with cling film and leave to rest for 12 hours
• When ready to cook, remove your dough from the bowl and begin to roll it out until it is around a 1/2 centimeter thick.
• Cut the dough into even squares, using either a cutter or a knife
• Heat a splash of extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan on a medium heat
• Add the squares of dough to the frying pan and cook until golden brown on both sides
• Cut the avocados in half by slice through them lengthwise until you feel the knife hit the pit. Then rotate the avocado, keeping the knife steady to make a cut all around the pit. Twist the two halves apart.
• Remove the pit and spoon the contents of the avocado into a bowl
• Squeeze the juice of the three limes into the bowl and add a pinch of salt and pepper
• Finely chop the chilli and add to the bowl followed by the extra virgin olive oil
• Start to mash everything together with a fork until you have a smooth mixture or until you reach your desired texture.
• You like to add a small about of extra virgin olive oil to the top of guacamole before serving with the healthy naan breads