So, if you’ve ever wondered what’s on our riders’ menu, take a look at the next recipe in our CCC Team Cookbook series, it’s a simple but deliciously healthy and some might say guilt-free dessert.
Healthy Homemade Cheesecake
by CCC Team chef, Mirko Sut
175 grams of plain flour
50 grams of coconut oil
50 grams of sugar
300 grams of Greek yogurt (2% fat)
300 grams of Philadelphia (regular)
4 egg whites
130 grams of coconut whole sugar
250 grams of blueberries
20 grams of chocolate chips (70%)
20 grams of mixEd nuts
20 grams of sunflower seeds
• Start by mixing all of the base ingredients together in a bowl
• Once fully combined, pour the mixture into a cake pan. For best results, use a pan with a diameter of 26 centimeters.
• Spread the mixture out, pressing into down to create a firm base and add one quarter of the sunflower seeds to the top
• Place in a fridge to rest until the filling is ready
• Start to make the cheesecake filling by whisking the yogurt and Philadelphia with the eggs, egg whites and sugar.
• TOP TIP: Do not use too much energy when whisking
• Add the blueberries, chocolate chips, nuts and the rest of the sunflower seeds before gently mixing once again
• Pour the cheesecake filling onto the top of the chilled base
• Bake at 170 degrees centigrade for 45 to 50 minutes. You want the top to look golden brown
• Leave to chill before serving with more fresh blueberries and raspberries